Exactly a month ago today, we headed out to Michigan to begin filming our third music video for the song ‘Let’s Make Noise’. If you aren’t familiar with our two official music videos for ‘Midnight Monsters‘ and ‘Robot Wars‘, check them out because we’re total music video nerds and we get all giddy when we’re about to make a new one.
Before we tell you how it all went down, we realize you may just want to jump straight to the video…if that’s the case, then you can check out the video footage below. It’s pretty raw and random – we probably haven’t shown this side of ourselves to P&B fans before…yep, it’s a dorkier side of us and that’s just fine and dandy. So, click on the video below to see the ‘Making of Let’s Make Noise’ video.
- Animated pieces. We built a ship, a heart, and a clock – all using Christmas lights – so they turned out looking like a Lite Brite…that toy from the 80’s that we’ve never actually seen in person, but heard is pretty cool. The challenge was to animate these Lite Brite objects in the video.
- The buildings for the city scene were made from broken down cardboard boxes we got from Walmart. We then covered them in bed sheets and finally painted windows on them to make them into buildings.
- The actual filming of the making of the video. We came to realize that although we may not be funny…we think we’re pretty funny when we’re holding a camera…sometimes
- The clothes we’re wearing…not really a highlight and not sure why we wore what we wore, but whatever…
- The actual structure and backdrop – mentioned in the paragraph above. Without that, the video would never be capable of existing.
- Lights – this is really the motif of this third music video of ours. It all revolves around lights…Christmas lights.